Monday, July 19, 2010

miscellany monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
So happy to be able to link up with Carissa today!

#1 - I've said it before, but I can't help from repeating... Texas is HOT. Sweaty, stinky, nasty HOT. I'm still proud to be a Texan, though.

#2 - Pet birds are not my thing. There are times when it is pretty neat but other times when it's not (Like when you are watching a movie and they want attention so they squawk louder than the volume on the tube.) I think it must be like a grandchild... you know, love to care for them for a short period but then you can give them back.

#3 - Watching a storm come in on the lake is a lot different. The way the clouds build up and the lightning seems to go from God to the water is a sight to behold. To watch the rain come at you like a freight train is just... well... COOL. As long as you are safe indoors.

#4 - I have missed my ever-so-sweet blogging friends. It's amazing to have people praying for you that you have never actually met. To have their encouraging words and thoughtful insight is a blessing I won't ever take for granted.

#5 - Night lights are becoming a huge "like" for me. In this home there are unique lamps, lighted vases, and little nooks with overhead beams that sparkle through the dark. So soothing. Like a lighthouse for the sailor.

Don't forget to hop on over and visit Carissa and some of her friends for a bit of miscellany

Have a blessed day y'all!

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

It's warm today in NW Wisconsin too - but I dare not complain in front of Texans. :-)

He & Me + 3 said...

Take some pictures of those lights...they sound amazing. Yes, I love my blogging friends. I know I can ask them for prayer anytime and I believe they will lift me up.
It is an amazing thing...blogging.

partialemptynester said...

Mmmm, I love a good rainstorm over the lake!

I love mOoD lIgHtInG...it's all over my house, too ;)

I miss you, to, bloggyfriend!

Praying over you and your precious ones :)

BARBIE said...

Hi. Found you through the Miscellany Monday. You have a cute blog. I am your newest follower through Google Friends! I just returned from Arizona. Was about 112-115 the entire time I was there. I was so thankful to return to California. We have night lights all over our house. I can't sleep in a pitch black room!

Nice to "meet" you!

Ginger said...

Sticky hot gets on my nerves...but it is reality in my state also!
I love knowing blog friends are praying, also.
Take care, blog friend!:)

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

LOVE your randoms this week. I think I'm going to have to play along myself!

Wish I was in Texas. We are on the hunt to leave our dry heat in California for some hot and sticky state. Praying hard about that one!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love your miscellany list! Those night lights remind me that I need to get some like that. I have an old, old lamp where just the base of the lamp can be on, like a night light. Cool.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Good thing I don't live near the ice cream place you mentioned. TOO tempting. Sounds delicious! and I could go for some peaches.

carissa said...

i'm beyond late with commenting! so sorry! #3- i love watching it storm over water! #2- i might have to rethink the whole "get hunter a bird when he's 5" thing. : ) have a lovely weekend!