Tuesday, January 25, 2011

No tips today

This used to be my "Tips Tuesday" but I am fresh out. It has been so long since I have been in that mode that I feel a bit brain dead in the tippy area. Oh, I could give you some tips I have learned in the past 6 months, but they might be frowned upon. Let's just say they might come across a bit whiny..... ish. So let's just don't.

Have you heard the WONDERFUL news?! If you haven't checked in on Joanne lately, you must. God is so powerful. And mighty. And awesome. And, well, C.O.O.L!  Hop on over here and get the full update.

With 2 teens, we are trying to take the time to make some memories. You know... good ones. Not the "Remember when we were walking through the desert?" ones, but more like the ones that will overshadow that kind. Anybody got any ideas for us? Inexpensive ones?

Just posted my 2nd verse today for SSMT (Siesta Scripture Memory Team). I had completely forgotten about doing this and so I am a bit behind. Had to get this verse commited to memory so that I will be ready on the 1st to catch up. Here's my #2:

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  Matt. 11:28-30 NIV

This verse is on the Living Proof Live CD that I bought at my first Living Proof weekend in 1998. Beth reads these verses right before Tammy sings "Jesus, I am Resting". Oh, what an impactful experience that was. Well, I'll save that story for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Vicki said...

First, thanks for commenting on my blog, I hope you'll visit again! Love your memory verse choice.
This is my 1st year to participate and I have to say that reading everyone else's verses is a real distraction to me! I've already chosen my verses through 2/15 and Matt 11:28-30 is one of them. I did something fun and inexpensive with my adult daughters a few weeks ago. We rode the light rail from the beginning of the line down to downtown Phoenix and back. It cost us $3.50 each and the view from the train was so different from the view you get from your car...

Krystle said...

Good for you catching up with the SSMT!! I have a button on my blog for it if you want!

SOOO excited about Joanne..been following her hubby on twitter and it's been amazing to watch the answers to prayer!

jules said...

I read about Joanne a while ago and haven't been back since. I am going to head over there now. I love good news.

I should ask my kids what good memories they have of their teenage years...

Ginger said...

Sometimes a cup of coffee and window shopping make for a fun day! Good to hear good news from Joanne, and good to hear from you!