Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cold is necessary for what, exactly?

Yes, it is cold here. Way too cold. I am missing the snow but definitely not loving the cold. Very thankful to have somewhere to live. Can't imagine being homeless through all of this. Ugh. Just so painful to think about.

I read a verse this a.m. during my quiet time that made me laugh out loud.

             A fool shows his annoyance at once,
             but a prudent man overlooks an insult.  Prov. 12:16

 If only I had read it before my little episode... I could have avoided the 2 hours crying in my car at the library! I almost considered making that my memory verse for SSMT this week. Decided to just work on that one on my own. My 3rd verse is actually...

            Be strong and take heart,
               all you who hope in the Lord.  Psalm 31:24

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Great verse! I so enjoy seeing what verses everyone else chooses to memorize. It's cold here too. Way cold. And in Phoenix, none of us have real winter clothes, so I'm pretty much stuck inside. Oh, well, it'll be in the 90s by April so I guess I'll enjoy the cold while it's here.

Ginger said...

I love your verses! Mine is all about practicality,too (I posted about it today); it's Prov. 15:1.