Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Press On

I had promised to share about the Father's Day gifts that Hubby received. Since we are going through such a transition right now, gifts are small but ever so thoughtful. Our girls have that awesome ability of making a thoughtful gift.

Youngest wanted to use the verses that we are claiming for our family right now. Hubby loves for them to be "in front" of us and so this is what she created for him. Now we can all see it as we face the challenging days ahead. She also made bookmarks for each of us.



Oldest wanted to do something that went along with the U2 book she gave her dad. The 2 of them went to their concert last year in OKC. Something they will never forget, I'm sure. Her creativity came in a card, of sorts, using song titles from U2. I stacked them together so you could see what they looked like.


These were the last 2 pages that I wanted to share so that you would get the gist of it. 


Aren't they creative?! I am so proud of them for accepting this challenging time that we are going through and handling it so well. We are blessed by these 2 beauties!


Since the POD arrived on Monday, we have been packing our little hearts out. Today will be our toughest day yet since the pros will be here tomorrow to pack her up. She will be leaving on Friday and her sis (POD 2) will arrive in her place. 

If you have ever moved, you know that as boxes get packed, it seems like little things seem to just appear. Out of the blue. Where does it all come from? What box should it go in? There is definitely one thing that I have learned. Clutter multiplies. Like rabbits. Grrr.

Off we go... to Press On!

(I have received my first blog award! I will hopefully be able to share about it later this week. Thank you, Judy!)


2 comments:

jules said...

That is a super creative gift. I love it!

Good luck with the packing. I've never moved myself but my hubby moves people for a living. There is always more boxes than what you expect.

Runningmama said...

Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! Glad I found yours! Yes, I am following "Enjoying the Small Things"...I just love Kelle and her two little adorable children. I am your newest follower :-)