Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sunny Saturday

The sun was shining brightly this morning... at 6:30 a.m.! I know that it is summertime and the days are getting longer, but I didn't realize that Mr. Sun arose so early. I was obviously oblivious :-) during those last days of school when we stumbled to our feet at 5:00 a.m.

My struggle this morning was focusing on God. This is what my brain was like during my prayer time:

"Good Morning, God. Thank you so much for the beautiful sun this morning. (Thoughts that interrupted prayer... Boy, I wish it wasn't going to get so hot today, though. I am going to be sweating-something-fierce going through and getting rid of stuff before our move. Oh poo. I have to clean up and go to the library today. When would be the best time for that?)
Forgive me, God, for being so distracted. I do want to ask for your forgiveness of my sins. (Let's see... did I overeat yesterday? Oh yeah. I had too many cookies.)  Forgive me for allowing fear, anxiety, and worry overcome me. I know that You are here for me and that You will take care of me and my family. (Now which verses was I going to remember for today? I wish that dog would quit scratching. I sure am sleepy.)"

And so it went. Until I woke up enough to realize that I was WAY TOO distracted and needed a "do-over".  Please, somebody tell me that you have done the same thing!

Anyway, after a bit more focus and quiet time, I made my way upstairs to catch up on a few blogs before the crew woke up. First, I checked in on Amber at Stolen Moments to see what she had been creating lately. Guess what? I am mentioned on her Friday post. Actually, she was giving examples of her blog designs. Still... too fun! (Thanks again, Amber!)

Jumping around to look for inspiration, I stopped by to visit at All Thingz Related. Bridgette and Rebekah always have fun ideas to share and get me excited about creating something. They just did their 9th Anything Related post this past Tuesday and there are over 90 ideas that people sent in just this week alone. Ladies, this will get your creative juices flowing! You must go by and check them out and hop around from there. Let me know if you find something or a new blog you love.
Let the creativity begin!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not the only one. Between the kids running around and the cat wanting outside and planning a grocery list in my head, I can't seem to get a full conversation out with God. I've found that the best place for uninterrupted prayer is in the shower! haha! I guess, though, it doesn't really matter where I am, though, as long as I get that daily walk with God :)

Thanks for a lovely post and for stopping by All Thingz Related and leaving a great comment!

Oh and I see you love Dr. Pepper, too ;)
{Rebekah}

Ginger said...

Ohhh can I relate! I journal my prayers sometimes just to stay focused! Thanks for letting me see someone else struggle with this!