Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cook What?

If you were a part of my immediate family, you would know that one of the things I most dislike about being a grown-up is having to cook. Just don't like it. Like to eat. Don't like to cook. At all. That being said, I do like cookbooks (if they have pictures). Today I thought I would share one of my recent finds. Have you seen this one on the shelves?


This is such a fun book/cookbook! The premise is to compare some of your favorite "eat out" meals to what you could be cooking at home to save some poundage. We don't eat out much but it is fun to see the calories, etc. that go along with those popular choices. The pictures are great, the tips are fun and as far as the recipes, we have only tried two (spaghetti & meatballs and smashed potatoes) so far and loved them both. My favorite part, however, are the matrixes. From pastas (which ones go best with what) to smoothies (best ratios), their matrixes are loaded with helpful information.

That is my offering for the day. This little jewel of a book can be picked up just about anywhere. Check it out. And let me know if you try and love any of the recipes. I just might move it to the top of my "next to try" list.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love these books
and have all 4 in the series....and I don't just hate to cook, I don't...I would say it has been 10 years since I have cooked a meal...at least 10...