Friday, March 5, 2010

They make me smile...

Since I was a little hard on the Sooner state a couple of days ago, I decided that I should share some of my favorite things from here. They may be a bit unusual, but for whatever reason, they make me smile.

The Canada goose might just be #1 on my list. When I hear a gaggle of them outside, I will dash to the window just to see them fly over. If I am driving, I will roll down my window to hear them better. I don't know why. They just make everything seem right in the world.

Another feathered friend that I look for every day, are the Pekin ducks that reside in our neighborhood pond. We don't feed them (Did you know it is bad to feed bread to ducks?!) or spend any quality time with them, I just like to see them. I drive by that pond almost every day and I want to see that they are there and doing well. Maybe it's the mother in me. They have also provided some comic relief chasing my oldest around that pond.

Actually, my true favorite thing about OK is seeing this man walk up to the mic on Sunday morning. It absolutely thrills my soul. Andy is amazing and it is an incredible privilege to be led into worship by him. I must admit that I am glad 4Him is not touring anymore so that he can be here with us.

The last thing I would mention today would be the Christian concerts Tulsa provides. Through our struggles they have brought us much joy... especially for my girls. They have been blessed to see such artists as Brandon Heath, Hawk Nelson, Francesca Battistelli, Leeland, Newsboys, and Tenth Avenue North just to name a few. But I know that this group was and IS one of their all-time favorites. And I would be remiss not to list Toby Mac as an unforgettable experience. However, the most exciting and favorite for the moment would definitely be these guys.  Third row... and they got to touch Jon Foreman! Ahhh! (I remember those days... actually if George Strait was that close again :-) I would probably be screaming, too.)

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

How long have you been blogging.... I would would love to intorduce you and send you some readers....so glad you have joined the blog world...I have some good trial by error tips to give you....Teresa