Thursday, April 22, 2010

Done for now.

I have messed around with this blog way too much over the past few days.  It is not quite how I want it but decided it will just be this way for now.  I am struggling with having a blog that looks "scrapbookish" because that is one thing that I dearly love, or being more contemporary and "hip" because I like the look of the blogs that I visit with that appeal. I also struggle with monetizing. I have had a dear friend offer to do a website for me and "hook me up" to bring in some moolah. It would certainly be beneficial but right now I am just in overwhelm mode. So, I shall just leave it for now and move on to more important things. Maybe I will revisit this offer a little later.

We still have changes brewing with our family and as soon as I am able, I will fill you in. Waiting is not my favorite thing. I am not good at it. I continue to work on it, though. Also working on not saying that I am not good at something. Hubby's orders. :-) I shall not pray for the p-word while we wait. (Can you tell that I am talking sternly to myself?) I don't want to be given something that will teach me how. I'll just wait... and trust God to be in control. Ugh. So hard sometimes.

6 comments:

jules said...

I love the way your blog looks. Simple, calming, happy.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

It looks great...I would be interested in knowing about the monetizing...and your friend...I have been considering it....just to cover the shipping of prizes....

Katie said...

HI there, I saw you on Blog Frog and just wanted to pop in to say hello! I think your blog looks great!
Have a Fabulous Week!

partialemptynester said...

I thought I commented on this blog yesterday, but I guess not...I do love the new look! Just in case you don't go back to my blog, I want to thank you so much for the idea of having her sing the song to Jesus! What a WONDERFUL idea! We did tell her that she could listen to that station with us, but when she isn't with us, she can use her iPod which has only the songs that we deemed appropriate to download (which oddly enough has "Wild Boys" from the 80's on it and not until just this very minute did I think that's an odd song for me to have approved...but again, each generation goes through this...we as parents have such a hard job...so glad God doesn't expect us to go it alone! Thanks again soo much for your great advice!

carissa said...

i think your blog looks adorable! keep it like this. : )

i'm so sorry about the struggles you are facing. may God show His amazing, all-sufficient provision to your family!!! i know He will! and may He grant you peace in the midst of change. blessings!

partialemptynester said...

OMGoodness! You dear friend! Isn't it wierd how close one can feel to another, just blogging and knowing we are sisters in Christ! I already look forward to what my friend Sunny Sue is going to write on Tips Tuesday and I can't say that I even knew you existed two months ago...k, that said, I read the above comment, after coming back to your blog to give you a hard time about not writing any tips today, just to see precious Carissa's comment about what you must be facing today. Well, I felt I needed to know, since we are all friends, right? So I hopped over to Carissa's blog to see if that would give me any clues...well, it did! Dear friend, seriously, I am so sorry for what you are up against. As a blogbuddy, there is not much we can do for one another, but pray and stay! I'm not one to pray for someone then leave them be...I'll be praying and sticking around bc, Sunny Sue, I can't wait to see what God's going to do! You are such a source of encouragement to me, and I am sure you are to others, as well! Wherever God is taking you, let us in on the journey so we can share that encouragement to you and praise God right beside you! There may come a day, when one of us just needs someone on the outside (out in the blogworld) praying...and I know that would be you, if I needed you!