And so begins another day of tips. One of these days I might actually list them in some organized fashion. Some day. Here's todays...
1. Since the warmer weather is making it's debut, ice cream is sure to follow. When making ice cream cones, place a miniature marshmallow in the bottom before adding the ice cream. This will keep it from leaking all over your sweet babes hands and onto that favorite outfit. (An oldie, but maybe somebody hasn't heard it yet.)
2. Another warmer weather tip is for your blooming plants. If you are needing that purdy thang to show some more flowers, there is a proper time to prune. If you have an early bloomer (spring), then you should prune it just after the blooms are gone. For later bloomers (summer), they should be pruned in the early spring before their blooms.
3. To keep potatoes from budding, place an apple in the bag with them. Don't know why this works but apparently it does.
4. If you over-salt a soup/stew, peel one of those potatoes you just saved and add it to the pot. It will soak up a lot of the salt.
5. Cleaning tip of the day is for baked on goods. Have you heard about putting a dryer sheet in the pan/pot and letting it soak overnight? I've actually never tried this but hear that it does work. I usually just pull out the old trusty SOS pad. However, if you happen to have run out of these wonders, wad up a piece of foil (not too tight) and it will do the trick. This one I have used a gazillion times. It works. Too cool. Oh, but for goodness sakes, don't do that to a non-stick pan. I guess if it is non-stick, nothing would be stuck on anyway, right?
Hope you found a handy tip today. I would love for you to send me any of your favorite tips to share.
Have a good one!