1. To clean up broken glass, use a piece of bread. This is for the tiny slivers after you have used your common sense to sweep up or vacuum the larger pieces.
2. If your fingernails are a bit discolored, you have 3 good options to brighten them up. You can soak them in lemon juice (Make sure you don't have any cuts or hangnails!) or denture cleanser for about 5 minutes. You can also wipe them with a cotton ball that has hydrogen peroxide on it.
3. When putting a curtain on a metal rod (the flat ones), put a plastic baggie over the end and wrap a rubber band around it to secure so that the curtain will slide on easily and not snag.
4. This is a sticky one. :-) To remove chewing gum from faux leather, use cooking oil on a rag. It will take a little elbow grease too!
5. If you are pushing your knee high boots to the back of the closet, roll up a magazine to slide into each boot. That will keep them standing tall until the cooler weather rolls around again. You can also use empty wine bottles.
I have used all of these tips at one time or another so they are proven. However, if you are wondering about the gum... I didn't do it and neither did the girls. Hmmm.